The Gamasutra Task Board is the most varied, active and recognized board of its kind for the video game market!
Here is simply among the numerous, lots of positions being advertised today.
Place: Bellevue, Washington
The Senior Software Engineer contributes to the development, polish, and optimization of brand-new Pokémon mobile video game services. This person will work carefully with customer and service engineers, game designers, and artists on brand-new mobile items.
What You Will Do
- Build efficient industry-leading, best practice instilled engineering jobs in a collaborative environment which will affect the experience of 10s of countless users
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines and work with microservices, entrances, security, lines, serialization, et al. using whatever it requires to “do it best” to bring to life gameplay functions and mechanics
- Take full advantage of test (e.g. unit, combination, and so on) protection while working to discover much better methods to stress and test services, systems, and code
- Guide and coach other engineers and expect feedback while working with the very best
- Senior level problem resolving, information structure analysis, and designing for scale both in variety of titles/products supported and variety of users
- Own the complete server stack from inception to CI/CD
What You Will Bring
- 6 years in a services development role
- 3 years of experience within game and/or mobile services advancement chosen
- Deployed or released considerable functions for a minimum of 2 publicly available services with large scale use and tested uptime
- Extensive knowledge of Java 8 and above with ample experience in OOO advancement (e.g. C#, C , and so on)
- Experience with online social video game systems and games with live development
- Capability to analyze intricate problems and present multiple options
- Reliable communication abilities; particularly within groups and with technical info
- Ability to clearly articulate API style and technical requirements with thoughtful paperwork gathering requirements, checking out alternative services, and executing code along the way. Keep and upgrade documentation
- Able to quickly mockup or model services and concepts
- Understanding of different service practices which focus on high-scale, high schedule patterns (e.g. protocols, databases, pipeline, structures, queues, cloud development, caching, messaging, notifications, and so on)
- BS Degree in Computer technology or related field, and/or comparable years of work experience
How You Will Succeed
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with capability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Predisposition for Action: You have a passion to take effort and persist in accomplishing goals despite obstacles and obstacles. You work to solve demands and events with a high sense of seriousness and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can include value to your customers; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical technique to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Sensible and analytical: You’re able to boil down and manufacture complex concepts into succinct, significant information to customers. You’re skilled at prioritization and project management with listening to detail and consistent follow through.
What to Anticipate
We offer an expert, enjoyable and imaginative work environment. While we preserve an excellent balance in between work and life, extra hours might be needed at peak times or for specific efforts. Travel to different places locally and worldwide may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, handles the residential or commercial property outside of Asia and is accountable for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, house entertainment, and the official Pokémon site. Pokémon was introduced in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment residential or commercial properties worldwide.
The above declarations are planned to describe the basic nature and level of work being carried out by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of individuals so classified. All staff members may be needed to carry out duties beyond their typical duties from time to time, as needed.
Intrigued? Apply now
Whether you’re simply beginning, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the location where game designers continue in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and a lot of developed board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.