The Gamasutra Job Board is the most varied, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just among the lots of, lots of positions being advertised today.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
The Senior Software application Engineer contributes to the development, polish, and optimization of new Pokémon mobile game services. This person will work carefully with client and service engineers, game designers, and artists on new mobile items.
What You Will Do
- Build efficient industry-leading, best practice infused engineering tasks in a collaborative environment which will impact the experience of tens of countless users
- Team up with multiple disciplines and deal with microservices, gateways, security, queues, serialization, et al. using whatever it takes to “do it ideal” to bring to life gameplay functions and mechanics
- Make the most of test (e.g. system, combination, etc.) coverage while working to discover better ways to tension and test services, systems, and code
- Guide and mentor other engineers and expect feedback while working with the finest
- Senior level problem resolving, data structure analysis, and designing for scale both in number of titles/products supported and number of users
- Own the complete server stack from inception to CI/CD
What You Will Bring
- 6 years in a services development function
- 3 years of experience within game and/or mobile services development chosen
- Deployed or launched substantial features for a minimum of two openly available services with big scale use and proven uptime
- Comprehensive knowledge of Java 8 and above with adequate experience in OOO advancement (e.g. C#, C , etc.)
- Experience with online social video game systems and games with live development
- Ability to examine complicated issues and present several solutions
- Efficient interaction abilities; especially within teams and with technical info
- Capability to plainly articulate API design and technical requirements with thoughtful documents event requirements, exploring alternative options, and executing code along the method. Keep and upgrade documentation
- Able to rapidly mockup or prototype services and concepts
- Knowledge of different service practices which focus on high-scale, high accessibility patterns (e.g. protocols, databases, pipeline, frameworks, queues, cloud advancement, caching, messaging, notifications, and so on)
- BS Degree in Computer system Science or associated field, and/or equivalent years of work experience
How You Will Succeed
- Interaction: Impeccable composed and verbal communication with ability to equate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Predisposition for Action: You have a passion to take initiative and continue in achieving goals regardless of barriers and obstacles. You work to fix requests and events with a high sense of seriousness and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can include worth to your customers; You make sure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Rational and analytical: You have the ability to boil down and manufacture complicated concepts into concise, significant information to customers. You’re proficient at prioritization and project management with listening to detail and consistent follow through.
What to Anticipate
We use an expert, fun and imaginative workplace. While we preserve a great balance between work and life, extra hours might be required at peak times or for specific efforts. Travel to various locations locally and internationally might be needed on celebration.
The Pokémon Business International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Business in Japan, manages the property beyond Asia and is accountable for brand name management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Video game, the animated TV series, house entertainment, and the main Pokémon website. Pokémon was released in Japan in 1996 and today is among the most popular kids’s entertainment properties in the world.
The above declarations are intended to describe the basic nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this category. They are not to be construed as an extensive list of all responsibilities, responsibilities, and abilities required of individuals so categorized. All workers may be needed to carry out responsibilities beyond their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Interested? Apply now
Whether you’re simply beginning, trying to find something brand-new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Task Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their professions.
Gamasutra’s Task Board is the most diverse, most active, and a lot of developed board of its kind in the computer game market, serving business of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.