The Gamasutra Task Board is the most diverse, active and recognized board of its kind for the computer game market!
Here is simply among the many, lots of positions being promoted right now.
Place: San Francisco, California
Game Closure is on the hunt for backend/ systems engineers to help us build the services and infrastructure that power our social video games that are played by countless individuals every day on Facebook, Viber, Line and other messaging platforms. We are a growing team with offices in Mountain View and San Francisco, California, Tokyo, Japan and some possibilities for remote work. If you desire to join us to make excellent games on our cutting edge innovation and really make an impact, then we want to speak with you!
- Be an essential member of a high performing software engineering group.
- Designer and code advanced client/server systems for instant gaming.
- Play an important role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting.
- Work together with style, engineering, and production teams to devise ideal engineering options to game requirements.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Take ownership of your jobs to make them the best they can perhaps be.
- Provide important input on the company’s long-lasting engineering roadmap and aid identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Define the cutting edge of social video gaming!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or associated field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of expert software application engineering experience.
- Experience composing clean, testable, top quality code and creating extremely scalable systems in production.
- Strong familiarity with release on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Strong Computer Science principles in software application systems design, algorithms, and information structures.
- Ability to engage with peers in a constructive and productive design.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Excellent interaction skills and the capability to work successfully on shared jobs with designers, artists, testers, product supervisors, and other designers.
- Strong group gamer with a positive attitude.
- Expert understanding of NodeJS and ES6/ TypeScript.
- DevOps experience– setting up CI/CD environments, orchestrating implementations, creating monitoring dashboards, anything that makes the advancement process much easier, more pleasurable and more accountable.
- Experience in video game advancement and shipped titles.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision: Leading quality insurance options with 100%of premiums covered
- Gathering: Weekly group dinners, quarterly team expeditions, game nights, karaoke, and more
- Commuter Pass Totally Free Parking: Your commute and parking to the office is on us!
- PTO: Limitless trip policy
- Meals: Free daily lunches, well stocked cooking area, healthy treats and beverages
- Pet-Friendly Workplace: Bring your family pets to work to promote a friendlier and better work environment
- Physical fitness: Free onsite yoga classes
Intrigued? Apply now
Whether you’re simply starting out, looking for something brand-new, or simply seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Task Board is the location where video game designers continue in their professions.
Gamasutra’s Task Board is the most varied, most active, and a lot of developed board of its kind in the video game market, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.